I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

7 Favorite Foods

My friend Jackie put forth a challenge on her blog to list seven foods that were worth breaking a diet for. Since I'm doing Weight Watchers and have been making those hard food choices for the past two weeks I figured this would be a perfect list to make. By the way I've lost just under 5 pounds--note to self make sure hair is dry before going to the meeting and weighing in. I also want to point out that my list of 7 is quite similar to hers. I guess great minds think alike!!

1. Chocolate covered creme filled donuts. I'll eat either the Bavarian Creme or the Whipped Cream version but I prefer the whipped cream filling. One donut is worth 8 points in Weight Watchers but half a donut is only worth 4 and a quarter of that is only 2 points...if you get my drift.

2. Chocolate I LOVE chocolate. I'll eat pretty much anything chocolate, chocolate coated or chocolate filled. Of course when one is trying to eliminate excess weight then it becomes important to pare down the list of chocolate to that which is truly worthy of eating. I prefer dark chocolate and love DOVE squares. I also have found that Weight Watchers makes a little chocolate cake that is only 1 point. Too bad it isn't creme filled.

3. Coca Cola This is one of my all time faves. Once again it has become important for me to justify my consumption of said beverage but thankfully they now make these really cute little 8 oz cans. My love of the fountain stuff will always remain true. Yes, Jackie I have a weakness for the McDonald's version. And speaking of that...

4. McDonald's French Fries I too am a slave to those piping hot crunchy grease sticks. I can eat them without ketchup. Sheer willpower stops me from consuming the whole package when I buy them for the kids.

5. Taco John's The loving husband calls this his "crack" and I too am addicted to the "West Mex" . I totally love their crunchy tacos and Potato Oles top french Fries any day of the week. When I was pregnant with Andrew, I craved Taco John's so much that hubby's co-workers started making jokes about the paternity of my child.

6. Juicy Steak I have married the world's best griller when it comes to the steak experience. That man can take just about any cut of beef and cook it to restaurant perfection. Carolyn is the resident carnivore and is always asking for "juicy steak". Unfortunately, it is high in points so I'm forced to do the recommended 3 oz when I eat it. Hubby also does some killer grilled mushrooms.

7. Cinnamon Rolls I'm not sure if it is the smell or the icing that turns me on so much but there is something about that ooey gooey soft warm pastry that gets me. I can walk by the Cinnabon store in the mall and I can pass up the rolls for the most part when I'm grocery shopping but every once in a while I have to have one.

Well there you have it. I'm off to go swimming. All this talk of food had made me hungry so I'd better get out of the house before I do damage.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Good list!! I can't believe I forgot about Coke! How could I forget that?!!?! The perfect compliment to the fries and the oles! Great job on your weight loss! :)

Jackie said...

oh yeah - remember 4U cinnamon rolls? What I wouldn't give for one of those again! I can pass up most others, but those ones were to die for!

Pam H. said...

Oh, I've had Jim grilled mushrooms!!!! YUMMMMM!!!!