I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Guilty pleasures and information too

My friend Jackie asked readers of her blog to list guilty pleasures when it came to music, books, and TV so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Music I'm a total music lover and will listen to almost anything. Right now I'm pretty much into Hard Rock and Death Metal--OK, not really Death Metal but there are a few groups in my iPod that push the very edge of Heavy Metal. My guilty pleasure besides cheesy love songs (think The Delilah show) is Classic Country Music. We're talking about the stuff that was popular in the 70's and 80's. Yes, I like the 90's stuff but it just isn't the same.

Books I mentioned once before on a previous post of my love of reading. I have always been a bookworm so I pretty much read anything . However, I LOVE romance novels. My preference runs to those of the historical nature. You know the ones where the women are all drop dead gorgeous and headstrong and the men are all chiseled rock hard muscle and demanding. Inset desired time period (Viking, Medieval, Renaissance, Regency....) and use phrases like "throbbing with desire and presto, instant smut. There is nothing like a good bodice ripper to get me all warm and tingly. Men have their Penthouse Letters and we have our romance novels.

TV This one was a little more tricky since I really don't have the time to invest in a show or shows but I have found two that I do enjoy watching and thank goodness USA Network, FOX, and WGN show syndicated re-runs in the later hours or else my list would be even shorter. My cheesy guilty show is "Scrubs" I started watching it about a year or so ago when a re-run was on during a time I was able to watch. I like the quirky characters and outrageous daydream sequences. The writing is awesome because no matter how offbeat things get, they always manage to tie everything in and it all makes sense. My drama show guilty pleasure is 'House" Yes it's another medical show but this one is so very different. I just love a main character who is a grouchy, nasty, mean SOB to his staff and everyone around him. The really strange and weird cases they use also keep me hooked. Too bad this series didn't win an Emmy or Golden Globe this year. Second runner up is "NCIS" but I very rarely get to watch it since even the re-runs are on at a bad time.

And for the information part of my post......
I thought I'd give you all one of my favorite quickie breakfast recipes. It is worth 5 points on Weight Watchers so I can enjoy whenever I want.

2 minute Breakfast Sandwich
1 egg 1 Tbs water
1 lite English muffin 1 slice fat free American cheese
1 slice 96% fat free ham cut into 2 pieces

Spray a microwave safe bowl with non-stick spray and add egg and water.
Scramble egg lightly, cover and microwave for 2 minutes on high
While egg is cooking toast English muffin on lightest setting
When egg and muffin have finished cooking, assemble the sandwich accordingly
Best way--ham, cheese, egg, ham

You can also make this on a weekend and cook the egg over hard and fry the ham. It does taste a little better but if it's speed you want then go with this. Happy eating.

Finally...I have joined Facebook. I still want to say that 99% of my time will be devoted to this blog. If you want to join as a friend or invite me onto your site then feel free to do so.

No comments: