I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spring Fever

This wonderful warm weather we have had these past few days have gotten me wanting Spring in a really bad way. Unfortunately, the forecast calls for freezing rain tonight with up to three inches of snow tomorrow so I'd better enjoy today. My friend Jackie posted a list of seven things she likes about Spring so I thought I'd make a shot at it too.



1. No snow clothes Believe me, getting three kids in and out of snow pants, boots, hats, mittens, and coats on a daily basis is a royal pain in the butt. Spend 30 minutes getting the kids dressed and then they play for another 30 or so and then it's time to undress and put the wet stuff out to dry and then clean up the wet spots on the floor. Matthew has to wear the snow outfit to school ever day otherwise they send a "reminder" note home and he has to stand against the wall during recess.



2. No more shoveling snow Yes, it's great exercise and all that but after a while it gets old and tedious.



3. Roads that are drivable 24/7 I really hate driving in bad weather and when the roads are icy and or snow covered then it really sucks. If it was just me it would not be quite so bad but when I'm responsible for three other innocent lives in the van then the stress is magnified. I also worry when hubby is out and about in the stuff. He does a lot of traveling both by car and by plane so I'm always saying a prayer for his safety.



4. Bare feet I love to go barefoot and do so as much as possible when I'm in the house but when the temps are low and the ground is covered with snow then it's no go on the bare toes. Flip flops and ice don't mix very well either and slippers are OK unless it snowed and I haven't shoveled yet. Kind of makes it difficult to pop across the street for the mail or walk out to meet the bus. Give me dry pavement and temps in the 40's and above and I'm good to go.



5. Color After six months of nothing but brown, white and dirty grey it is nice to see green grass and trees and colorful flowers again. I could also put smell on this list too. I do love the fresh clean smell of spring.



6. Outdoor activities After long months inside it's nice to get back outdoors. The backyard becomes new again and the kids beg to play outside. Family walks become the norm and trips to the park are a weekend must. The bikes come out and Matthew is pedaling up and down the block--usually with Carolyn not too far behind. Andrew refuses to come inside without a fight and the bathtub gets a lot of use. It's not too hot so sitting out on the deck and reading a book is a fun way to spend a few precious minutes of free time.

There you have it, my list. I hope you enjoy reading it.

No comments: