I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My little graduate

Matthew and his teacher Mrs. Van Den Over

All 3 classes of Kindergarten sing a song

Yesterday was Kindergarten graduation at Matthew's school. Parents and grandparents were invited to a very nice program. I arrived shortly after 10 forgetting of course that many other proud parents and family members would also want to see their little darlings move on to the first grade so the lot was packed and I had to be creative in finding a place to park. I did get a good seat though. There were three classes of Kindergartners and each class was assigned a riser. Mathew was in the second row. The kids sang some really cute songs and the teachers read some poems and each child was asked what he or she wanted to be when they grew up and those answers were read by each child's teacher. Matthew said he wanted to be a Veterinarian. Strange, he never mentioned it to me--oh well. At the end the principal read the names and handed each child their diploma. Matthew walked away too fast so my photo of that moment is of him walking away. After the program was finished I got to go over to the classroom and pick him up and take him home with me. Matthew was actually upset that he could not ride the bus home--go figure. I will admit to getting a little misty-eyed during the program. My little guy is growing up and graduating. However, when the principal reminded us that this was the class of 2021 I did feel a little better, and a lot old.

No comments: