I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Random chit chat

As the days get nicer it gets even harder to find the few minutes (or hours) it takes to do a post. So much is going on and I seem to have a million things to do with no time to do them. I'm sure it sounds pretty familiar to many of you who read this blog. I just happy that you all take the time to read my writings and ramblings.

School is soon out here with next week being the last week of classes. The kids are very excited for summer to be here but they really like school--except Matthew every morning when I have to wake his crabby butt up to get ready. Matthew is excited at the thought of 1st grade and the fact he gets to go all day to school. Carolyn has talked non stop about her new Kindergarten school and asks on a constant basis when she gets to go. On Monday she had her class field trip. It was a walk to a nearby park with a "picnic". Matthew goes next week to the zoo for his field trip. This week was his last show and tell. He had to bring something in that started with the letter of his first name and the class had to guess what it was. He brought some magnates. I had planned on giving Pansy's to both Matthew's and Carolyn's teachers as a gift since I had a couple of extra plants left over from my flower pots. Sadly, the plants selected look like something Charlie Brown would grow. The one has yet to bloom a flower and the other one has a scraggly flower and looks like it is almost at death's door. I went to Wal-Mart today and bought geraniums in the hopes that when I put them in the pretty pots they will look like an acceptable gift. As for the other flowers, I have an extra pot and I'll stick them there and hope they live.

Andrew has also had a busy few weeks too. Last week I had his follow up appointment with the ENT about the ongoing ear and adenoid/tonsil problems. The good news is that the little guy tested negative for allergies. Of course this means that the acid reflux is probably the problem so I was told to bump the medication up and not feed the kid acid triggering foods or feed him late night snacks, including sippy cups of soy milk. So far it has helped and I'm hopeful in a few months I won't have to either share the bed with the midnight wanderer or spend hours sitting in the chair waiting for the Motrin to kick in so the kid can lay down without pain. Later that week Andrew had a 6 month review with the Birth to 3 people. They like to do progress meetings and re-evaluate the goals in his plan. The week before this meeting my speech therapist gave Andrew a quick screen to see how he would compare to other 30 month olds. There were a few areas of concern so he asked for an OT to be present. We had the meeting at my house--I love the fact that this program is home based so I don't have to run all over the place just for meetings and evaluations. Because Andrew is 6 months away from his 3rd birthday a representative from the school also was there. Matthew's preschool teacher had been promoted this past year to the job of Early Childhood/Birth to 3 Coordinator so it was nice to have her there. After meeting with everyone it was decided that Andrew was having some problems with his fine motor skills and would benefit from Occupational Therapy. He starts working with Carrie the OT tomorrow morning. It was also suggested that I have his vision checked to rule out any sight problems that would make some of these tasks difficult such as stringing beads or drawing lines and circles. I made an appointment for this Friday. I'm hoping everything checks out normal. Glasses can be expensive as I have found out with Matthew. I should probably get Andrew's hearing checked again but that is a sometime this summer project.

One last tidbit before I sign off for the day. Hubby ran his second 5K race this past Friday. Unlike the previous race, the weather was cold and very very windy. He made good time and came close to what he ran the week before. He has said he is done with the racing. Of course we still have that mile and a half to run this August for our black belt test. He's not too worried. I of course still have yet to run a full mile so I'm still working on that goal. Did I ever mention that I hate running???

No comments: