I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cindy moments

This morning I had yet another "Cindy Moment". Ok, for those who aren't quite familiar with the term, a "Cindy Moment" is where I totally forget something. It might be something I had to do, directions that get screwed up because I don't know right from left, something I was supposed to remember, or just one of the many many times I spaced out and forgot (insert person, place, or thing here).

Yes I am quite spacey at times. I tend to blame it on my name which if you look it up, roughly translates to moon which of course is an object in space. Hey, that's my excuse. This condition is not entirely new, I have been living with it all my life and unfortunately, so have all my family and friends. I used to drive my parents crazy whenever I forgot to do something or give them important information like phone messages. They never quite took me seriously when I told them that if they wanted me to do something they needed to write it down and give it to me or put it on the calender as a set thing to be done every week (think weekly chores) In addition to my forgetfulness, I also have a habit of losing things. I think it is because I put them down and forget where it is I put them. This gets very annoying when I'm trying to cook or finish a task and have been interrupted in the middle and then have to return after a period of time.

As I get older, the forgetfulness just keeps getting worse. Ok, maybe not worse, but not any better either. I really do have to hand it to the loving husband, he lives with me and still wants to be married to me. It wasn't so bad when we were first married and it was just the two of us. Once I got pregnant, my mind took a long vacation. Wow, was I forgetful. I forgot to put groceries away, forgot phone numbers, forgot where I put things.... oh wait, I still do that. Maybe I need to give my brain a call and tell it the vacation's over. Now where did I put that number?

I also have a way of losing mail. It drives the loving husband up the wall when he is looking for a bill or some important item and he can't find it and I have no idea where I put it. I have partially solved this problem by buying a hanging file folder and putting a special folder marked "bills" in there so I can put bills there an not worry about losing them. I'm trying to do that for the permission slips and school notices that I get. So far I've only lost a few important items. I also have a separate calender on the wall dedicated to school items like early/late starts, days off and special events.

So what is it I did this morning that qualifies as a Cindy moment? Last night I asked hubby to buy hamburger for tonight's supper. This morning he found it on the kitchen counter. Yep, 3 pounds wasted. I guess it's better than the last big Cindy moment which was in November. I was running errands and forgot Carolyn had school that afternoon. We were just finishing up in the grocery store when Carolyn told me she wanted to go to school. I then realized not only had I totally forgotten she had school, class was starting in minutes. I had to call Transportation and apologise for not being home at the scheduled pick -up time and then call the school because Carolyn was going to be late. Poor kid missed PE. Of course there have been other Cindy moments between now and then but they were just the usual forgot to pick something up at the store, take the laundry out of the washing machine, or put shoes or a snack in the backpack. I could do a whole post about all my Cindy moments in Tae Kwan Do.

Maybe someday they will find a cure for forgetfulness. Until then I guess everyone will have to put up with my wonderful "Cindy Moments".

2 comments:

Jackie said...

do you still remember which way to turn the car by diamond or emerald? ;)

don't worry, it only gets worse as we age. :) what, I can't remember. but something does.

Life Is... said...

Thank God for rings:) Oh and my compass in the van. I'd be lost without them. I'm just waiting for the day when I totally forget where I am and some nice young person has to call my family to take me back home.