I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

They grow up so fast

As I write this, Andrew is sleeping soundly in his new big boy bed with the oh so soft flannel sheets. It doesn't seem that long ago I blogged about moving him out of the crib and into the toddler bed. As child number three, Andrew wants to keep up with his older siblings so I'm sure his want of the big bed is in part due to that. I originally planned to give Andrew a twin bed as a 3rd birthday gift but my sister-in-law called a few weeks back and asked if I wanted her son's twin bed since he was finally getting a bigger one. Of course I couldn't say no to a free bed so we moved our plans up a bit and last night we met up with Jackie as she was in town with my niece for a softball tournament and the loving husband brought the bed home and set it up. No worries abut Andrew falling out, he likes to take naps in his brother's twin bed during the day and frequently climbs in with us at 3 am and promptly takes up three quarters of the bed. I'm still amazed how something so small can take up so much room. I'm hoping his own larger sleeping accommodations will keep him out of our bed. I love the child dearly but I also love uninterrupted sleep more. Part of me is sad to see the toddler bed go but the other part of me is excited for him to finally have what Matthew and Carolyn have which is a twin bed. Now if I could only get him to pee in the potty chair and not in the training pants.

No comments: