I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend recap

Yes, I Finally got around to doing a new post. Actually I should be sweating my tail end off at cardio class but Carolyn fell asleep after bath and if I had to choose between waking a hibernating badger and waking a sleeping Carolyn...I'd pick the badger every time. Andrew also dropped off to sleep while I was on the phone with hubby discussing the day's events so at this moment I have two sleeping and one awake. Of course I'll probably pay for it later tonight when Andrew is bouncing all over the place at 11:00 and Carolyn announces that she does not want to go to sleep and refuses to go to her room for the night. Hubby is up in Brookings at his Hapkido class so he was calling on his cell before heading up there. We do a lot of phone meetings. Sometimes it is easier to have a 10 minute phone conversation sometime during the day or early afternoon hours than to have a 30 minute face to face at home. Anyway we had a busy but productive weekend. Hubby had class Friday night so I got to hang out with Shawna and Tobi and get a little fitness activity in. We try an meet up to encourage each other in our weight loss and exercise goals. My schedule is much more difficult to match with theirs so when we do get together we have lots to talk about. Saturday mornings I go to my Weight Watchers meeting. Because I had such a good Easter Weekend in Rapid City I wasn't expecting too much for the weigh in. I was only hoping that I didn't undo too much of my hard work. I was totally surprised and happy when I lost 1.2 pounds and got my 10% key chain. When you hit the 10% of your target goal you get a key chain. I have now lost over 14 pounds and if I lose another .2 pounds this week then I get my 15 pound sticker. I'm soo close to my 20 pound goal--yeah!!!. After I do my meeting I go home and then get ready for the Saturday morning cardio class that hubby and I have been doing for the past few months. It totally kicks my butt and leaves me sore for days but it has really helped with the weight loss and fitness goals that I have set. Unfortunately, the Saturday classes end this month so hubby and I have to find another something to do during that time slot. I guess since the black belt test is coming up sometime this summer we'll just spend more time practicing our stuff. Saturday was also date night so I took Andrew home with me and went about getting the house picked up. Later that afternoon hubby and the other two kids returned from running errands and he decided we should do a little spring cleaning. The kid's bedrooms were in serious need of picking up so that's what we did. I also decided that it was time to take down the crib and put it away. Except for the first two months of Matthew's life and when we were moving the crib has always been in one room or another. Even during kid changes the crib stayed up because it was only a matter of time before someone needed it. Yet another reminder that my children are growing up and my time in baby stage is over and toddlerhood will soon pass into fond memories too. Don't worry, potty training is a milestone that I relish not having to do ever again. In addition to the crib, I sorted through all the clothes and bagged everything that was not usable and divided it between sell and donate. That will be next on my to do list. After the rooms were cleaned and the sitter was settled with the kids Hubby and I set off for a fun few kid-free hours. There were really no movies worth spending time or money on so instead we went shopping. First it was to the used CD shop to find some tunes. I always drive Jim crazy with my finds...Someday he will acknowledge Country music as an acceptable genre. For supper we decided to do Chinese. Not the buffet, actual sit down and wait for it food. We hadn't done that in forever. I still think that the food is much better when it is cooked as an entree that if it is put out on buffet. After supper it was over to JC Penny's for clothes. I've been looking a little frumpy lately so I needed a few tops that didn't make me look pregnant or hang on me. I opted not to buy pants, I still have more weight to lose and I want to get at least on size smaller than what I'm wearing. I always enjoy date nights. I try and make a point to remember life before kids and enjoy myself when I have the opportunity to do husband/wife outings. On Sunday hubby had another class in Brookings. There is a test next month so he is trying to get all his material learned and practiced. My sister-in-law and family lives in Brookings so we all piled in the van and headed up. While Jim did class, the kids and I found a very nice park to play in. It was small and in one of the older sections of town so it wasn't very crowded. The playground equipment was the perfect size for the kids. It was smaller in size than some of the stuff in parks so the kids were able to play without me having to worry about them hurting themselves. Of course the camera I had planned on bringing was back at home so no photos. My SIL and nephew met us there and we had fun talking and playing. After class we drove back to Sioux Falls and went furniture shopping. Our couch downstairs is 10 years old and pretty much worn out. The chair is even older and in desperate need of replacement. We found and got a great deal on a leather sofa and recliner chair. Sometime this next week we will pick them up and I have to get rid of the stuff downstairs. I'm beyond excited..NEW FURNITURE!!!!!!! Next up, redoing the back yard area. I want to get rid of the stuff in the back garden and either plant grass or vegetables. I also want to get rid of the purple flowers in front of the house and put something non flower there. My long range project is to get rid of the bushes in front and back--I really hate them. Well that should be about all there is to say. I've go to attempt to wake sleeping kids up or else I'll be on Facebook at 3 am going GO TO SLEEP KIDS!!!!!.

No comments: