I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh where oh where is my.....

Yes, it has been one of those weeks and it's not even over yet. Andrew decided to have a screamfest Sunday night which resulted in him sleeping on Daddy downstairs for a good portion of the night. By now I'm pretty good at deciphering the nature of said nocturnal behavior so I decided to make an appointment to get his ears checked. This was more for the reason that I had run out of the ear drops and needed more of them. I decided that early afternoon was a good time. That way I wasn't trying to rush around in the morning getting there and then try to beat Matthew home. Last week Carolyn had swimmers ear and I for reasons unknown took the 10:30 appointment . Matthew gets home by 11:05. I didn't make it, the driver was about three minutes early. Anyway, once I got Matthew off to school and Andrew (who woke up when I got Matthew out of bed) back to sleep and early afternoon doctor appointment made I went back to bed and crashed for an hour or so until Carolyn woke me up. Knowing that there was no reason to rush and get everyone ready I had a casual, laid back morning. Now usually when I have forgotten something there is a little dinging that goes on in the back of my mind. Normally I hear it but have no clue what it is I'm forgetting until it is too late, I just know that I've forgotten something. That morning there was no ding ding. Matthew got home and I got lunch ready and then proceeded to get Carolyn dressed and ready for school. Around noon as I was waiting for the van to show up and wondering why the driver was late I began to wonder if I had made a mistake and maybe there was no school. I knew that this week was a short one due to the Early Childhood Screening but I was sure that was later in the week. I went to the calender and looked. No, it was Monday and the Monday before was the no school holiday and....OH MY GOSH IT'S MONDAY, I'M SUPPOSED TO TAKE CAROLYN TO SCHOOL BECAUSE IT IS MATTHEW AND CAROLYN'S THERAPY DAY!!!!! Did I mention that it was noon and Carolyn's class started at 12:15? I quick finished dressing Andrew and called fro Matthew to come back upstairs and put shoes and coat on. Hubby of course picked this time to call home and got quite a laugh when I told him what I had forgotten to do. Carolyn made it to school on time and I apologised to Marie, the therapist for being an idiot. The rest of the day wasn't too bad.. I made it to the appointment on time and the doctor could not tell if the tube was blocked or had grown shut. I got my drops and some antibiotic. I'm not sure why I filled both prescriptions. I wanted to call the ENT and ask their opinion but since I had to do swimming lessons later that day I opted to call the next day instead. I mention getting the prescriptions filled because after we had done the swimming lesson and met hubby for supper I went home and as I was turning the van off I remembered that I needed to go to the pharmacy. At least I remembered. I'm always so brain fried when I get done on swimming lesson nights. I'm so glad that this was the last week of them. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact the kids are learning how to swim and they totally love going. I was stupid for signing them up in the month of January. Everyone knows that the most popular New Year resolution is to get back into shape so every January morons from all over the three state region come forth and plunk down money for a gym membership because "this year I really am going to work out and lose weight". What ends up is people showing up for swimming lessons that run from 4-8 Monday through Thursday and regular members showing up for fitness classes that run about the same time and then the newly resolutioned idiots showing up to partake in the fitness classes or start a work out routine. Lucky me, our lessons were 4-4:30 so I was able to get a decent spot. Leaving the place at 5 was another story. Last week I was actually stalked in the parking lot by some *&^%*&#@ in a car who literally followed me and the kids all the way down until he saw where my van was parked and then he proceeded to block traffic both ways while he waited for me to load up the kids and back out. Two days later another moron also blocked the flow of traffic waiting on me to back out. After spending the past month rushing over to get there on time and dealing with parking lot imbeciles and selfish bastards who parked in the 10 minute drop off zone for way more than 10 minutes (-15 and snowing and the cars in those spots were turned off covered in snow) I was looking forward to not having to do this anymore. This week is also the one week that the loving husband had to be out of town. Fortunately it's only an overnight trip so no huge deal, except that our next belt test is tomorrow night. Because we are such a high rank, we have a lot of stuff we are expected to know. Some of it we learned these past few months and much of it these past few years. In order for us to not look like total dorks the loving husband and I have been practicing as much as possible whenever we can. In the month of January this means fighting the parking lot traffic and finding a spare room to use---not very easy. We have also been spending our weekends practicing. Big test combined with hubby being gone equals some sort of crisis for me. Tonight was it. Swim lessons were from 4-4:30. My original plan since the husband was in Indiana was to do the lessons and then go home for the rest of the night. Plans changed last night when another student asked me it I wanted to practice tonight. I asked our instructor if she had the evening free and she did so the three of us agreed to meet at 7:30. Hubby was jealous, I got to get in one last practice session and he was stuck in another time zone reviewing the notes in a hotel room. Because of the swim lessons earlier I opted to throw something in the crock pot and then zip home and eat before coming back. Note to self, use the warm setting not low when making goulash. After eating we had about an hour before we needed to go so I spent my time cleaning up supper and reading the paper. Five minutes before we were supposed to leave Matthew comes upstairs and asks Carolyn where his glasses are. It seems that Captain Brainchild gave his glasses to Carolyn so she could give them to me. I have no idea why I was supposed to get them since we were planning on going out for the evening and he was not sleeping or taking a bath during the time we were at home. I of course ask Carolyn what she did with the glasses and she of course doesn't know. I ask her if she has them "no" Did Matthew give them to you? "no" Did you take them from Matthew "no" Do you know where you put them ? "no" Matthew decided that it is Carolyn's fault the glasses are missing since she was supposed to give them to me. I reminded Matthew that no, it is his fault since he gave them to his sister. Needless to say Matthew went without glasses tonight. After coming home and putting three very tiered children to bed I called the loving husband and then set out to find the lost glasses. Matthew was downstairs in the couch so they are there right...one torn up couch later: no luck, Same for the recliner, the playroom, her bedroom, his bedroom, my bedroom, the bathroom. I started looking in the really weird places after that. I finally (pure luck) found them in the living room under a chair. Ironically it was the same chair that I had Carolyn sit in when I was putting her shoes on to leave. Now I'm off to find a few hours of sleep.

No comments: