I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Superworms

OK, I gotta give this one to the loving husband... Tonight we were watching the 10 pm news and there was a story about Sioux Falls running out of cemetery space in the next 20 years. Hubby comments that there is a solution to the problem. I jokingly ask "what, bury bodies on top of each other?" 'No", he replies and then starts to tell me that over in China and India they have developed a type of super worm that they dump in with the body. After a few years there is basically nothing left but a hole in the ground. My brain at this point is going Wait, that's not very nice, what would the family members think? I'm also getting that tingling BS sensation because this does sound a little odd. I mean how would you place a grave marker if in a few years another person would be occupying that spot? Of course China and India do have very large populations so maybe this is true, and there are bugs that eat decaying flesh. A few minutes later hubby finished his tale by telling me that the worm has a specific marker..a Big S on its chest. Yes, he got me.

No comments: