I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Six Things That Make Me Happy

I've been tagged by my friend Jackie to list six things that make me happy so here goes....

1. Chocolate Just writing the word makes me want to go upstairs and get some. This is the most perfect food ever created. It comes in a variety of flavors from milk to dark and you can smell it, eat it, drink, it, wear it, bathe in it, use it as a decoration, the list goes on and on. I of course use it as a cheap alternative to Prozac. I also use it as a bribe and reward for good behavior. Oh, yeah I also let the kids eat some too.

2. Hugs There is just something so warm and wonderful when I pick Andrew up from the crib in the morning or after a nap and he wraps his little arms around my neck and hugs away. This of course is the child who thinks that people were created just to give him a warm lap to sit in and an excuse to snuggle up with a sippy cup of milk. Carolyn is more reserved in her hugs but loves to sit on your lap and let you read her a book. Matthew lives for the hug. Forget the food rewards, just tell him he gets a big hug and he is willing and able to complete any task. Tell him he was good and give him the hug and his day is complete. Then there is the morning husband hug. Every morning before leaving for work hubby gives me a combination back rub hug and kiss. What a great way to start the day.

3. Completing a task There is something so satisfying about actually finishing a job. My days as a stay at home mom mean that I'm in an endless loop of cooking and cleaning from morning to night. Feed the kids only to have to do it again, sweep the floor only to have someone dump a box of cereal out, do loads of laundry over and over...you get the picture. It is very hard to start a task and finish it. Usually I'm in the middle of one task like loading the dishwasher and Andrew needs a diaper change, Matthew and Carolyn are fighting over a toy, and the phone rings all at the same time. Other times I start a task like folding laundry or sweeping the floor and one, two, or three "helpers" appear out of nowhere. Ever see a 2 year old sweep the floor with a full sized broom? It's quite funny but very messy. Sometimes the highlight of my day is writing my blog and actually posting it. I actually enjoy running errands and going grocery shopping because I get to start something and finish it without 23 interruptions.

4. A Good Book I love to read. I have always loved reading and consider it one of the things that relaxes me. Usually it's a challenge to get the daily paper read but I do take time out now and then to read something that does not have rhyming sequences in it or how to cook it instructions. I like a variety of topics depending on my mood. Sometimes it is "Chicken Soup for the Soul" that I want and other times I need a good smut book (Historical Romance) I also love spy thrillers and crime novels. Sorry to say most Science Fiction is beyond my capabilities. I just can't do alternate worlds and fantasy creatures.

5. Learning Something New It's aways fun to learn a new something. Whether it is an obscure fact such as the reason for the start of WWI (assassination of the archduke of Austria) or how to put a diaper on a squirming child without getting peed on (lots of trial and error) there is a feeling of "wow I did it" Hubby and I take Tae Kwan Do classes and we are constantly learning new moves and techniques. It is fun to challenge yourself to do something that you did not think was possible or impress someone with your knowledge of a subject.

6. Coca Cola How could I do a list and not put Coke down?? I am a true Coke drinker. I do not do Pepsi, RC Cola, or any other cola on the market. If I am at a restaurant and they do not have Coke on the menu then it is water or Mt.Dew. Please notice that I do not use the word "diet" when I describe Coke. There is no such word in my vocabulary. Some people drink coffee, others like tea and yet another group is passionate about their wines and beers but for me nothing is better than a cold Coca Cola.

OK, that is my list of 6. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment or message. I like to read those too.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Great list! I'm in a total Coke phase right now. Especially the fountain Coke from McDonald's...what is it about theirs that tastes sooooo good?!