I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm thankful for....

Yesterday I blogged about the actual Thanksgiving day feast and activities and today I'd like to actually write about what I'm thankful for. I know that the next few days will be busy busy so I doubt I'll find time to look at e-mail much less sit down and actually compose thoughts. OK, for those who know me the thinking thing is a little of a stretch but at least I try.

I'm thankful for.....

Waking up each morning
in a bed
located in my own bedroom
situated in my house
that has heat,
electricity,
running water both hot and cold,
and indoor bathroom facilities
along with a kitchen that has working appliances
including a refrigerator that has food in it
and a pantry stuffed with items that are not always the most healthy .

I'm thankful for.....

A loving husband
who is and always will be
the love of my life.
And the most awesome
wonderful,
caring and faithful
father any 3 children will know
Who has a job in this tough economy
that earns enough
to provide for the basic
and not so basic
necessities of a happy home.

I'm thankful for...

Motherhood
so challenging and stressful
yet so wonderful and rewarding
all at the same time.
Three unique and special beings
with love in their hearts
and laughter in their lives
each one different than the other
yet similar in so many ways.
My love knows no boundaries
my heart has no limits
and each is as special to me
as any priceless artifact or buried treasure.

I'm thankful for....

Friends
both old and new
Some have been there for years
others a few months.
They listen to me
they give advice to me,
laugh with me
cry with me,
and pray for me.
I would not be
the person
I am
without
their love
and support.

I'm thankful for...

God
and his son
Jesus.
It is though Him
that I
find the strength
and the energy
and the wisdom
to make it through
even the toughest of days.

I'm thankful for...

The men and women
who choose
to honor the rest of us
and fight for the
freedoms
we take so much for granted.
Because of them,
I can worship
God
in any way I want.
I can write a letter
to the editor
and not worry
about living to see it printed.
I have the right
to express my political opinions
by going to the polls
and voting.
I even have the right
to protest
and denounce
what my government
has decided to do
if I don't agree with a law
or policy.

I'm thankful for...

The air I breathe,
the water I drink,
the warm sunshine
and cloudy days
that makes
rain and snow possible
and the promise that
tomorrow's generations are working
to fix the problems
today's generation
and the ones before
have created
both locally
and globally

I'm thankful for...

The end of a day
and the promise of tomorrow
falling asleep
safe and secure
with a full tummy
and warm clothing
and the knowledge
that
I
am
loved.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I like this!! it's a great time to remember what we are thankful for, and how blessed we really are.